Below are the answers to some of our customers most frequently asked questions.
Do you only install uPVC products?
No, we install a wide range of UPVC and Aluminium products, in a variety of colours.
Do you only service existing Channel Windows & Channel Servicing customers?
Regardless of whether we have carried out an installation at your home or not, we are happy to service your specific maintenance, repair and replacement requirements.
Do you carry out repairs on other companies products?
Do you offer a Window Scrappage Scheme?
There is currently no such thing as an officially recognised government approved window scrappage scheme. The term ‘window scrappage scheme’ is used as a marketing tool used by larger companies to entice customers in. Such schemes have been totally discredited by Which magazine in a report in 2010.
What areas do you cover?
The Channel Group work across Kent including but not limited to Kent, East Kent, South East Kent, Deal, Sandwich, Dover, Faversham, Ashford, Whitstable, Herne Bay, Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Cliftonville, Folkestone, Hythe, Canterbury, Birchington, Westgate on Sea. If your location is not listed here please give us a call on 01304 379991.
Do you take credit and debit cards?
We do not accept credit cards other than for payment of goods directly from our trade and DIY counter. We will however accept debit cards, personal cheques or BACS payments for goods and services supplied.
Do you offer a supply only and supply and fit service?
Do you help with finance?
Unfortunately Channel Windows cannot offer any financing to help with your home improvement investment.
What deposit is required for my purchase?
The typical deposit for a Channel Windows Home Improvement is 20%. This will be confirmed by our adviser during your appointment should you wish to proceed. We are able to offer you a deposit protection plan, taken out directly by you with an insurance company, as an optional extra if you require.
When will the balance of my payment become due?
On completion of your home improvement project, Channel Windows will quality check the installation work carried out and ask you to sign off on the works completed. The balance of payment will then become immediately due. If there is any minor remedial ‘snagging’ work to be addressed, we will ask you to hold back 5% of the balance due until you are entirely satisfied.
Can I get a price by email or over the phone?
Because all of our products are custom made and individually tailored, we work out costs according to your exact requirements rather than giving standard prices. To receive an accurate price, please arrange an appointment with one of our representatives.
How will I know you have quoted your best price?
Channel Windows first price is always our fairest and best price. We do not adopt hard pressure sales tactics or make use of misleading sales promotions, however, once you receive your quotation, if there is anything you are unsure about or would like to discuss, we will be more than happy to help.
How long should I expect to wait between placing my order and actual installation?
Depending on the product you have ordered, we usually begin installation within 6-8 weeks. However the wait can occasionally be longer, depending on the product and particularly for large orders.
We do not employ temporary staff to mange our capacity at busy times. This way we ensure that each installation we carry out meets our strict quality assurance and customer service standards.
Please speak to one of our advisors for a clearer idea about how long you should expect to wait for your Home Improvement work to be carried out.
How do I maintain my new windows, conservatory and doors to the highest standard?
Channel Windows have produced a Maintenance Manual which comes with you Guarantee to help ensure you get the maximum number of years of service from the products we supply and install.
How can I be assured as to the quality of your products?
Channel Windows are a registered FENSA company and the suppliers we use are BSI (British Standards Institute) and BBA (British Board of Agreement) certified.
Benefits of using a FENSA registered company
FENSA is the industry standard for replacement window and door installers self-certifying compliance with the building regulations.
Here is why you should look for the FENSA logo when having replacement windows and doors fitted in your property:
Save time and costs:
- You do not have to register your window or door installation with the local authority yourself. Not only is the FENSA approach much faster and easier – it will also save you up to £250!
- Compliance with the Building Regulations without the added cost and time of arranging assessment by Building Control
- If you own properties across different local authorities – for consistency of quality and price, you are able to use the same FENSA installer for all installations, as they can work in all Local Authority jurisdiction
Confidence in FENSA installers:
- FENSA is the brand trusted by all local authorities, industry and government.
- An independent report commissioned by the Government found FENSA to be the most successful of all competent person schemes to date in the UK, across all industries.
- Vetting: All FENSA registered companies are continually re-assessed by an independent inspection body to ensure consistency of quality and service.
- Nearly 9000 companies nationwide have joined FENSA which include glazing companies, builders, national and smaller home improvement companies, local authorities, housing associations, property developers. If all these companies trust and use FENSA, consumers can too.
- FENSA does not demand any specific brand of insurance from its installers – homeowners and installers have freedom of choice over insurance providers whose policies are underwritten by ‘different’ insurance companies (FENSA is not insurance-led).
- FENSA proactively protects consumers from the cowboys – not only by withholding the scheme from those unable to pass FENSA’s independent assessments; but also by reporting to Local Authorities and Trading Standards companies who erroneously claim FENSA registration, to enable prosecution.
- Customers are able to provide a rating score for installers on the feedback form.
All work carried out by a FENSA installer must offer you:
- Deposit Protection (where deposit is taken)
- 5 - 10 year guarantee
- The option of an insurance backed guarantee for added peace of mind to cover the installer’s own guarantee.
FENSA Building Regulations & WER Certificate:
- This will be sent by FENSA directly to you to demonstrate compliance, vital in the event you need to sell your house
- The FENSA team can offer support to your solicitor when tracing missing certificates during the sale of your property
- Replacement certificates for historical installations carried out since this requirement has existed within Building Regulations can also be reordered.